Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Happy Sunday!

I promised you pictures, so you're getting pictures. But first, a bit about my last few days. 

As you know from my last post, I arrived in Milan on Wednesday. On Thursday, I woke up early so I could wander a little around Bocconi and make sure I wouldn't get lost and arrive late to class. It's about a 20 minute tram ride and a couple minutes walk from my dorm to the school. Bocconi is bigger and a lot more modern than I expected, but still lovely. I have had an "Italian Crash Course" for the last few days (4-5 hours each day) where I will practically be re-learning Italian 110-140 in about 2 weeks. This is fine because I'm REALLY rusty. Like REALLY REALLY rusty....

I live in a 2-bedroom apartment/dorm with another student from the States, Elizabeth, who happens to be from Cornell. She arrived on Thursday and we ate our first real Italian pizzas at a nearly cafe, then proceeded to go shopping at the nearby superstore. THEY HAVE A WHOLE AISLE OF PASTA. Not exaggerating. Nothing else could be more stereo-typically Italian. 

On Friday, I finally bought my Italian phone. 



No words. Except I miss my iPhone. 

Today my camera finally saw the light of day when I ventured downtown. Once again: beautiful. But now you can see what I am talking about. Here are my favorites, but there are more on my Photos page. 


My first REAL Italian gelato. Apologies for it being half-eaten, I couldn't help myself. 




Il Duomo. The main attraction in Milano. And here is the beautiful inside:




                                    La Galleria Vittorio Emanuele - The oldest shopping mall in Italy. 


The famous La Scala:



Castello Sforzesco

The view of the park behind the castle 


PS: I finally got to Skype with my family today! 


Yours,
A





No comments:

Post a Comment